Governance and Management Structure
TAABU is a cooperative society that is owned by members and hopes to grow big in order to compete favorably with other cooperatives in the region both in the Uganda and on the global stage.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. For this reason, TAABU is committed to only hire the best hands in eastern region and around Uganda.
TAABU will ensure that they hire people who are qualified, hardworking, dedicated, customer centered and ready to work to help build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (shareholders, farm, employees and customers).
In view of the above, TAABU will hire qualified and competent staff to occupy the following positions;
- General Manager
- Clients Relationship Manager
- Store Manager
- Production committee
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Village Agents
- Oversee the overall day to day business operations of the cooperative by providing general direction, supervision, management and administrative control over all the operating departments subject to such limitations as may be set forth by the BOD or the General Assembly
- Formulate and recommend in coordination with the operating departments under his/her supervision, the Coops Annual and Medium Term Development Plan, programs and projects, for approval of the BOD, and ratification of General Assembly.
- Implement the duly approved plans and programs of the cooperative and any other directive or instruction of the BOD
- Provide and submit to the BOD monthly reports on the status of the coop’s operation vis-a-vis its target and recommend appropriate policy or operational changes, if necessary.
- Represent the cooperative in any agreement, contract, business dealings, and in any other official business transaction as may be authorized by the BOD
- Ensure compliance with all administrative and other requirements of regulatory bodies
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed in the By-laws or authorized by the General Assembly.
- Maintain a Petty Cash Fund and Daily Cash Position Report
- Prescribe suitable accounting systems for cooperatives and farmer associations.
- Monitor and review the financial management operations of the cooperative, subject to such limitations and control as may be prescribed by BOD
- Maintain full and complete records of cash transactions
- Ensure that all cash collections are deposited in accordance with the policies set by the BOD
- To conduct trainings on value addition and increased profitability of agricultural produce.
- Assist Rural Producer Organizations (RPOs) in actively marketing their produce.